Sunday, November 8, 2015

"The Seamstress" - Oil painting with hummingbird and nest - plus a "Fun Idea"


"The Seamstress"     8x10"    Oil on panel

Some friends of mine recently mailed me a little abandoned "hummingbird nest" that I used for reference in this new piece.  I painted this little "hummingbird" sitting on top of a spool of red thread.  She is weaving the colors into her nest.  This new oil painting will be for sale at my next art show in a few weeks.


Fun Idea:
I have found that if I have colored dryer lint from the dryer, I don't throw it away.  I roll it up into a little ball and place it outside in a tree.  The birds love to come and pick small pieces of it for their nest building.  I don't usually get to see the nests, but I have found some abandoned nests with colored threads and fluff before.  It's always a fun discovery.

Barbara Rudolph


No comments: