Saturday, October 17, 2015

Highlights from the 10th Annual "International Guild of Realism" exhibition

Opening Night - 10th Annual International Guild of Realism

Click here to see a video of the 10th Annual International Guild of Realism events from Alexandria, VA.

Video Highlights of the 10th Annual Realism Exhibition

I have been so busy lately.... so I never got a chance to post some of the "highlights" from the Realism exhibition before I went to Colorado.  There is a nice post/video I just saw on the "Art Renewal Center" blog today that captured many of the fun events from this exciting show. (click on the link above to view).

The show was held in late August in Alexandria, VA at the beautiful "Principle Gallery."  There were three wonderful days spent with many of the artists.  One of the events included a tour of Washington D.C.'s National Gallery of Art.

My "Bluebirds" oil painting (above) sold.  The wonderful music painting below was by a fabulous artist "Alex Zonis."  Her work is absolutely amazing, and I enjoyed meeting her so much.  Her painting sold opening night.  In fact...they sold quite a few paintings on opening night.  The crowd was unbelievable and I am so happy that I decided to fly across country for this one.

Here are just a few snapshots from the opening....





Guenever was one of the artists at the Realism exhibition.  She does amazing detail and paints with lots of color.  Click on her name above to see more of her work...
______________________________________________________________________________


On another note, I just found out yesterday that my painting "Bluebirds" also took 2nd place in the American Art Awards 2015 - Realism/Animal category.  



Barbara Rudolph
website

No comments: