Sunday, October 11, 2015

Bluebird Watching - in Westcliffe

"Bluebird Watching"  14x11"   Oil on Canvas

"Bluebird Watching" is one of my oil paintings that sold in Colorado at the "Art For the Sangres."  I enjoyed taking pictures of the wildlife during my visit to Colorado.  During my drive there I stopped along the way at various rest stops.  The distant view of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains was amazing.

The Sangre de Cristo Mountains (Spanish for "Blood of Christ) are the southernmost subrange of the Rocky Mountains.  They are in southern Colorado and northern New Mexico.  They have a number of fourteen thousand foot peaks in the Colorado portion, and thirteen thousand foot peaks in New Mexico.  The name of the mountains may refer to the occasional reddish hues observed during sunrise and sunset.


I pulled of the road for a few moments at a rest stop on my way into Westcliffe.  I couldn't resist photographing this sign on "Bird Watching."  




 In Westcliffe, Colorado during an early morning walk I could see the mountain bluebirds all along the fence posts.  


Taking morning walks past the ranches, this one was an Amish gathering on Sunday morning.  It really is very peaceful there.


The sunsets are beautiful too.  Here is an amazing picture my cousin Steve took of the sky one evening.


Barbara Rudolph

1 comment:

Ken Newman said...

Looked like a wonderful trip...