Sunday, May 31, 2015

Painting of Peached Faced Lovebirds finished!


"Lovebirds"

I just finished my oil painting of the "Peach Faced Lovebirds" for my client.  They are sitting in a beautiful wood turned bowl that he made.  These birds are also known as "rosy-faced lovebirds."

You can see the in-progress images of the "lovebirds" on my earlier blog post.  I had at first painted in the feet of the birds as if they were clutching the bowl, but we both decided that it was a cuter painting without the big ugly feet that these birds actually have.  

The birds were fun to paint and I think their personality came through in the painting.  It made me laugh often when I would walk into the studio.  I wonder what they were saying?

Barbara Rudolph




1 comment:

Ken Newman said...

Just perfect! They do have personality... just like the new owners!