Saturday, December 27, 2014

Oil painting of a bluebird with study guides - "Bluebird Watching"


"Bluebird Watching"

Oil on panel      14 x 11"


I finished up a new oil painting for my next art show.  It is called "Bluebird Watching."  I placed a pair of binoculars on top of some old field guilds including one by Stokes, and a book on "bluebirds" that belonged to my late father.  The "bluebird" is standing on some beaver bark sticks looking down, as if he is the one doing all of the watching.

I started this painting a while back on a larger canvas size.  It was bothering me that everything was bigger than life, so I scratched the first painting and began the 14 x 11" size.  It just seemed more natural to me to paint it true to size.

Below is an image of the finished painting all framed up.  It will be for sale at the next "Celebration of Fine Art" show in Scottsdale, Arizona.  The show opens on January 17th and runs for 10 weeks.  This show brings together 100 of the finest artists from across the country.   Painters, jewelers, sculptors, wood turners, ceramic artists will all be together under one roof working together.

____________________________________________________________________________

This oil painting will also be available in a limited edition of giclee prints on canvas. 




Barbara Rudolph
My Website
email


Celebration of Fine Art show


1 comment:

Arturo de Miguel said...

Hemos tenido una idea parecida. Bonita obra, Barbara.
Feliz 2015!