Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Mockingbird - State Bird of Texas - Painting


New Painting   
"Mockingbird" -  The State Bird of Texas 


I finished another painting in my "State Bird" series.  This one features the "Mockingbird" which is the state bird of  "Texas."  This series is painted on gallery wrapped canvas 12 x 5".  The background includes an old vintage map of the state of "Texas."  There are some miscellaneous collage elements in the background of the painting included with the old map.  The "Mockingbird" is painted in oil over the background.  I also include the actual "Texas" postage stamp in the painting.  


This original painting is available for sale and I also offer this in a giclee edition on paper, ready to frame. The giclees came out beautiful and I think my "Texas" state bird is one of my favorites so far.  I will continue to post more of them as I get them photographed.

The price for the paper edition is only $95.00 and it includes a 1" white border around the image. 
Original oil painting - $550.00

Here is a detail of my State Bird of Texas:



Please email me if you would like to order one.  (Makes a great gift)

Barbara Rudolph

No comments: