Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sparrow oil painting from my "Little Sparrow Series"

























"Little Sparrow"

I just finished this "little sparrow" oil painting on chunky canvas.  ( 6x6" ).  I did several of these at my last art show and sold them as a set of three. ( See Winkin Blinkin & Nod ).   I decided it would be fun to do another new group of "little sparrows" again for my next few art shows.  As I work throughout the summer on new oil paintings, I can take a break from my extremely detailed larger paintings, and paint these fun little ones.  

The "sparrow" above is brand new and is available for purchase.  I am working on a few companion pieces to go with him now.   They sell at my show for around $350. each, but a little less when purchased in a group.  I spend a great deal of time on them but I really enjoy working on each one.  Often I paint late into the night.  I love to photograph sparrows and find them interesting to watch.  They are such friendly little birds with so much personality.

Barbara Rudolph
  

No comments: