Friday, June 14, 2013

"Did I Hear You Say Golf?" - Sun Conure Oil Painting with Boston Red Sox Cap & Golf Shoe

"Did I Hear You Say Golf?"

I just finished my commissioned oil painting of my clients bird Coco.  He is a "Sun Conure"  (sun parakeet).  I painted him with several favorite objects, the "Boston Red Sox" hat, his "golf shoe, golf ball and Footjoy glove."

The oil painting is 12 x 16". 

The Sun Parakeet or Sun Conure (Aratinga solstitialis) is a medium-sized brightly colored parrot native to northeastern South America. The adult male and female are similar in appearance, with predominantly golden-yellow plumage and orange-flushed underparts and face. It is commonly kept in aviculture.

Barbara Rudolph

2 comments:

Angela Sullivan said...

Cute little fellow.

marc calvo said...

Yes!,its really a cute and coloristic picture Barbara.