Saturday, October 20, 2012

"Winkin, Blinkin and Nod" Sparrow - oil painting triptych


"Winkin, Blinkin and Nod"

I just finished my 3rd "sparrow" oil painting to go in my triptych.  I like the idea of keeping them together as a  set, and hopefully they will find a good home.  I decided to name them "Winkin, Blinkin and Nod" which I remember was a favorite from an old Andy Griffith show.  "Winkin, Blinkin and Nod,"  was actually a popular children's poem written by an American writer and poet "Eugene Field," and it was first published in 1889.

Here is a close up of "Nod" the 3rd "house sparrow" in my set.
(You can see the first two sparrows in my previous posts on this blog)


 Each canvas measures 6 x 6 x 1.5"  and the "triptych" "Winkin, Blinkin and Nod" will be available at the next "Celebration of Fine Art" show which opens in January.

Here is a side angle view of the set:

 
Barbara Rudolph
my website
email

No comments: