Friday, October 26, 2012

The Children's Books and Toys paintings - continued progress



Bear and Bunny are plumb worn out after a long day of posing for my 
"Children's Books and Toys commission"



Here are a few photos of the continued progress of the two paintings:

"Lily"
I still have to paint the penguin and the foreground, still lots of shadows to add too.  




"Molly"

I have continued with painting in book titles and blocking in the colors for the little toys and block letters. 


click on image to see larger

Here they are side by side, not finished yet, but getting closer.

The next time I post, I'll hopefully have them finished up.  There are so many small details yet, like the little Dr. Seuss  logos, more book titles to paint in, shadows, and I think they need a butterfly yet and a "little bird" of course.  

Barbara Rudolph


1 comment:

Ken Newman Sculpting on the Road said...

Barbara,these are going to be wonderful, thoughtful and something that can be shared for generations... It also looks like you have enjoyed creating these unique works of art!