Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sparrow oil painting (The second in the triptych)


"Sparrow 2"
The second in the triptych

This little "bird" I photographed outside my window.  I am painting a triptych of "sparrows" and this painting is the second in the set of three.  It measures 7 x 7" on gallery wrapped canvas.  The set will be for sale at my next art show at the "Celebration of Fine Art".  The "sparrow" paintings are complex, and I am trying to capture a true likeness of each bird in oil paint.  I enjoy painting these smaller pieces as I continue to work on my new large paintings.  Some of my large paintings take months to complete.  It always feels good to bring one to completion even when they are this small.  The set of three will make a nice wall hanging together, I am still working on the 3rd one.

Barbara Rudolph

website
email
Celebration of Fine Art

1 comment:

Arturo de Miguel said...

Pretty sparrows, congratulations and greetings