Sunday, September 30, 2012

Golf Painting "Birdie" (One Under Par)


"Birdie"  
(One Under Par)

One of my new oil paintings "Birdie" began with the idea for some "golf paintings."  I had a pair of men's "golf" shoes that belonged to my late father, so I decided it would be fun to paint one of them in a fun still life.  I took a lot of photographs of my idea first.  I also spent a lot of time trying to capture some good photos of a "hummingbird" that frequently sits in my patio tree.  

Setting up the still life here


Watching, waiting and then photographing my bird for the painting



Deciding on the pose to use

detail of golf glove 

Here is a photo of my oil painting when in progress

This new "oil painting"  "Birdie" will be available at the next "Celebration of Fine Art" show which opens in January.  I will also have a limited edition of giclee prints on canvas of this new painting for sale.  The original oil is being framed now, and it measures 9 x 12".  It will make a great gift for the "golfer"/"bird lover" in your life.

Email me if you have any questions, and your comments are always welcome.  Just click on the comment link at the end of this post to leave one.

Barbara Rudolph
http://paintingbirds.com


No comments: