Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Painting Baseball - Dem Bums In-progress oil painting

Continuing on with one of my baseball commissioned oil paintings - a tribute to the "Brooklyn Dodgers."


Here is a photo of the early phase, where I am still just beginning to block in the colors of the glove, ball and books.  I also am beginning the old license plate "DEM BUMS".   My client's old license plate is pretty cool and is an important element in this painting.

You can click on an image to view it larger



An earlier photo taken here as I was beginning the color blocking. 

I will continue to work on this one and several others through the end of May.  I hope you will check back in from time to time to see the in-progress photos.  Your comments are always welcome, just click on the comment link below to leave one.

Barbara Rudolph

1 comment:

Robin said...

beautiful painting, love it so much!