Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Painting Birds.."Curious Couture" Finch on Shoe


"Curious Couture"
Oil on canvas



At my last art show, I had a fun request to paint a client's "couture" animal print "shoe."  She brought in her shoe and asked me to paint a little "bird" in it that had red.  I am always taking photographs of my backyard birds and I snapped a cute shot of a little "house finch."   The little "bird" had a curious look in this particular pose, so I decided it would be the one to paint from.  After priming my canvas and painting in the background color, I sketched in the bird and shoe, and then began the painting.


This is my photograph of the "house finch" that I worked from.



This is my clients lovely Italian "couture" shoe




This is the oil painting "Curious Couture" all finished!

This was a fun little painting to do.  Now I have to get back to work on my "sports" related paintings.  I have lot's of commissions to do that will keep me busy for a while.  I hope to post some in-progress shots of the new realism paintings soon.

Barbara Rudolph

No comments: