Monday, January 23, 2012

Zonophone Oil Painting "Sing Me A Song" Barbara Rudolph

 "Sing Me A Song"
Original Oil on Canvas
30 x 24"

"Sing Me A Song"
Hanging at the 2012 "Celebration of Fine Art" show in Scottsdale, Arizona

This is my finished "oil painting" of an antique "Zonophone" I call "Sing Me A Song."  The little curious bird is looking inside waiting to hear the music come out...or....is it the other way around...and the bird is singing? The idea for this oil painting started last summer when I saw the "zonophone" at the Musical Instrument Museum.  I then began the search for just the right bird in just the right position.  I came across a fun bird blog called "Burdz Buttz" by a man named Dave Lewis.  (He takes wonderful photographs of birds from behind.)   I wrote to him and asked permission to use his bird photo in my painting.  He was kind enough to allow me to do so.  See his blog here:

The oil painting is now hanging in my studio at the "Celebration of Fine Art".  This show is a wonderful event and will be open through March 25th in Scottsdale, Arizona.

Barbara Rudolph

No comments: