Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baltimore Oriole - Oil Painting



Oriole
Oil Painting
This oil painting of a "Baltimore Oriole" was a commission.  I started out with the photograph of the "bird" that was taken by my clients father which was sent to me by email.  I printed it off and began the painting a while back and had fun painting it.  I love the bright orange colors in this "bird" and I wish we had them in Arizona.  It measures 8x11x1.50".  I continued painting the branches around the edge of the canvas which I think gives it a more interesting look when hanging.  

I have been away from blogging for a while, but not from painting.  It seems this has been the most busy summer I have ever had work wise.  As fall approaches, I will have some upcoming shows and I have been busy in my studio working towards completing as many new paintings as possible.  Now....if I can just get them to dry in time. 

Thanks for stopping by.


"Detail"



Painted around the edge of the canvas



The beginning of the painting

Barbara Rudolph - Arizona

No comments: