Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cello and Hummingbird Oil Painting "The Soloist"

"The Soloist"
12 x 9 x 2.50"
Oil on Canvas




I just finished this oil painting titled "The Soloist."  It was a fun piece to do.   I have been painting a lot of different pieces lately with a "musical theme."  "The Soloist" is actually my daughters "cello."  I always include a little bird in my compostions too.  This little "hummingbird" looks so happy just sitting on one of the keys of the "cello."  I have so many ideas lately that I have become addicted to painting again and I am really enjoying it.  I will post some of the new work as I complete them, but will save some for my next art show.   This painting is available for sale now.

Barbara Rudolph
website
Paintingbirds.com

Your comments are always appreciated too, just click on the comment link below and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

dlaveen said...

Dear Barbara, once again your painting succeeded in penetrating my inner soul. Used to be where a glass of wine would help elevate my mood, now days a few minutes with your art does it for me. It's healing! So glad I don't need a prescription...

Bella Levine

DAREL JAVIER said...

Your art is very original, and I like your paintings. Impressive! :)

Barbara Rudolph Fine Art said...

Thank you very much for your nice comments, I appreciate them.

Angela said...

So elegant so beautiful. Perfect harmony of subject and medium.