Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Backyard Swingers "My New Finch Swing"

La La La - La La....Enjoying My New Finch Swing


"Backyard Swinger" -  Lesser Goldfinch

It is so darn hot here right now that I am just hibernating inside and painting a lot.  A client of mine recently gave me a "thistle bird feeder."  I have been hoping to attract some "Goldfinch" outside my kitchen window to photograph for paintings.  After waiting a few weeks, a couple of them turned up yesterday.  I was so excited to see them I made a "Finch Swing" for fun to see if they would like it.  I placed it by my feeder and it has become quite popular.  I realize upon seeing the pictures close up that I need to learn how to tie some of those boy scout knots.  Still, not bad for a first try and the little birds just love it.  You just need three little branches and some twine.

Now I better get back to work.

Barbara Rudolph
my website    

"I guess I'm too big for the swing"
"woodpecker"


2 comments:

Angela said...

Love the swing and I think your knots are nice.

Christian art said...

You are really doing great jobs with your art and with oil painting your work is admirable.Do you have any knowledge on christian art,i am an artist of christian art and i have done lots of work on it.Kindly give me some ideas on your behalf so that i can improve my skills.