Thursday, May 5, 2011

Birds on Guitars - Paintings...Still Working On Them

Handsome Woodpecker in progress

"Detail" of Gila Woodpecker on Gibson Guitar Neck


"Painting 1....still in progress in the studio"


Here is just a little update on my progress of the two "guitar paintings."  Today I hope to complete the mother-of- pearl  in-lay effects and the "Les Paul" lettering.  It takes a little bit of time and patience to do the lettering in oil.  I am also going to try and capture the iridescent quality of the shell in-lay from just my photograph.   I might have to stop by the art supply store again because I keep wearing down the points on all of my detail paint brushes.  Once that is finshed and completely dry, I will  then paint the strings.  I am just posting the photos of the "Les Paul" today, the "Fender Stratocaster" with the "Gilded Flicker" will be coming up next post. 

Hope you will stop back in to see.  Your comments are always welcome too.

Barbara Rudolph

1 comment:

Darlene Twitchell said...

Lovely work! Your woodpecker is fantastic!