Saturday, February 19, 2011

Oil Painting Rickenbacker Guitar with Hummingbird "Little Ricky"

"Little Ricky"

This new oil painting of a "Rickenbacker guitar" has a little "hummingbird" sitting on top.  I photographed various "guitars" recently and this one was in the "Musical Instrument Museum" (MIM).  I thought it would be fun to just paint the neck of the "guitar" and then put one of my little "birds" on top.   The unique design of the "Rickenbacker 360" has turning keys perpendicular to each other.  I think it is a very special painting and it has had a wonderful response so far at the "Celebration of Fine Art" show in Scottsdale.  The strings took me an extra long time to complete, but it is now dry and is for sale at the show.  It is 20" x 5".  You can contact me for more information.

Barbara Rudolph

2 comments:

Angela said...

This is very intense I love how the background illuminates behind the little bird. Lovely

Caio Fern said...

one more master piece.

this is really beautiful and soooo well done !