Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mother Bird and Nest "Arriving In Style"

"Arriving In Style"

This new oil painting on canvas started with a pretty piece of fabric.  It was bright and colorful and I liked the design elements it had.  I decided to paint a little nest with the eggs and a mother bird.  The bird was a finch that I photographed in my backyard.  I decided to call it "Arriving In Style."  It is now available at the "Celebration of Fine Art" show in Scottsdale, Arizona.  Today was the first day of the ten week show that brings together 100 artists from all across the country.

email
website
Celebration of Fine Art Show

1 comment:

susan hong-sammons said...

Dear Barbara, I just spent a wonderful relaxing time looking at all you 2010 blog posts. Your work is beautiful and powerful. I love this bird series.
Very Best for the Celebration Show. I can't wait to get out there and see your paintings up close and personal!
(hope it's okay, I added you to my bloglist)