Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Painting Birds "Sparrow" (In-Progress)


This cute little "bird" sitting in the cactus is one of my small oil paintings I am working on for my upcoming "Celebration of Fine Art" show.  It is only 5x7", but I have a beautiful custom frame for him once I get him finished. It is always crazy busy during the last few days before Christmas, but I hope to finish him up soon.  I am trying to think of a good title for him too...any ideas?   I think titles are important and I often have a lot of fun with them.  Sometimes I have a title idea before I even begin the painting.  This time I just had a wonderful reference photograph that was taken by Texas/Arizona photographer "Robert Campbell" who allowed me the use of this shot.   (See my side bar for info on "Robert Campbell's" work.)

Hope you can stop out to see the "Celebration of Fine Art" which opens on January 15th, 2011.  If not ....you can see the website at:  http://celebrateart.com/


No comments: