Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bird painting "Robin"

"Robin"
"The Early Bird"

This oil sketch is painted on a 10x8" canvas panel.  I am painting a series of unframed little "birds" and this one is of a "robin."  "Robin's" are considered "the early birds", they have an orange breast, a cheery song and long legs.  I found this little poem about "robins" but I am sorry I do not know who the author is.

Robin

Robin sits in the apple tree
Singing sweetly down to me
She tells me of her cozy nest
In the tree she likes best.

She tells me that her robin mate
And she herself can hardly wait --
They have four blue eggs, you see,
that soon will be their family.

They'll live together in their cozy nest
In the tree that they loved best.
Happy in her apple tree,
Robin sings her news to me.


Addie's nest painting

email me
Barbara Rudolph
Price $90.00

3 comments:

Caio Fern said...

this is so , but so good !! i am fascinated !!

RUDHI - Chance said...

I like that birds very much as your porträt of Robin. Congratulation to the little lady, for her nice painted Birdie-bed!-))

Gary Keimig said...

very nice Barbara. Loved your Kingfisher