Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bluebird and Bass Painting "The Blues Band"


"The Blues Band" 
Oil on canvas

This is one of my brand new oil paintings for my next "Celebration of Fine Art" show.  It is called "The Blues Band" and is painted on gallery wrapped canvas.  My inspiration came from a recent trip to "MIM" (The Musical Instrument Museum).   I photographed a lot of the instruments and decided to paint a new series of work incorporating some close ups of the beautiful instruments with my "birds".  This one is of an "upright bass", also called "the double bass" or the "strings bass".   It is the largest low-pitched bowed string instrument in the modern symphony orchestra.     Some of the legendary bassist that come to mind are the greats like Ray Brown and Charlie Mingus, (who was one of the most important figures in the 20th century.) 

I decided to paint the "bluebird" on the top of the bass, (which really is an "Indigo Bunting").   I thought "The Blues Band" would make the perfect title.   I have started a whole jazz theme with my new work, but they are soooo time consuming that I can only post them as I complete them.  This painting is for the opening of the next CFA show.  It opens on January 15th, and I hope to see you all there.  

I used this painting for my new "mini business cards."  They came out fantastic!!!  I want to tell you about a company called "MOO"  (You can see moo.com on my side bar )   This is the third time I have used "MOO" and each time the cards are perfect.  Check out their website to see some ideas of what you can do for your art or business.  Here is a picture of my new mini cards from "MOO".



If you would like more information about my new painting called "The Blues Band"  please contact me at: 


also see:

The MOO website: just click on Moo on my side bar to see their wonderful products 
also see:
Barbara Rudolph

4 comments:

Dean H. said...

A wonderful idea, Barbara! Love the concept of incorporating birds with instruments.

Gary Keimig said...

A great concept Barbara and you are off to a great start. beautifully done.

Diane said...

Barbara this little bird is amazing. You are amazing. I just love him.

Barbara Fox said...

Beautiful painting Barbara. I am a big fan of Moo cards too!