Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Landscape In Oil "John's Painting"

"John's Painting"

This landscape in oil I titled "John's Painting."  It was a gift I painted for my brother-in-law.  I love the fall season and all of the colors as the leaves are changing.  It is 12x16" canvas.  Sometimes I enjoy "painting landscapes" to take a break from my detailed work with the birds.   I was looking through my files of old and recent paintings and came across this picture.  I didn't have the painting long after it was dry, so it was fun to have found this photo.  It was painted almost a year ago now.    It was inspired by some photographs I took up in Flagstaff while staying near the lake.  Even though I do not have any formal training in "painting landscapes", I really enjoy doing them every once in a while especially during the fall season.

For more info: