Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bluebirds "Eastern Bluebird" Oil Sketch


"Eastern Bluebird"

The "Bluebird" has been widely celebrated in songs and literature, often associated with beauty, family values and hope.  I just finished this little "oil sketch" to go with the "Mountain Bluebird" on my previous post.  It also is 12x6" on a canvas panel.   The photograph is just a little light in the background color, it is actually more of a cream color.  


I just love painting "Bluebirds" and I still have one of my favorite "Bluebird" oil paintings available in a Santa Fe Gallery.    (He needs a good home)


"Hey Guys...I'm Over Here"
Please contact me for information about either of these paintings and I would love to hear your comments. 
email
website

3 comments:

Dean H. said...

Love both of these bluebirds, Barbara! They both should "find a home" quickly!

Gary Keimig said...

Beautiful Barbara. Both Western and the Mountain would make a great pair for someone.

Angela said...

What a charming little bird. I love your blog....