Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bluebird Oil Sketches in progress

"Mountain Bluebird" -  Oil sketch in progress

I started a few little "bluebird oil sketches" on canvas panels yesterday.  I love the size of these panels which are 12x6".  I prepainted the cream color backgrounds in oil and let them dry a few weeks back.  Yesterday I re-discovered them and was in the mood to paint some more "bluebirds" but didn't have a lot of time.  I did the first layer of paint and am going to let it set up a bit.  I will hopefully get back into the studio tomorrow to finish them up since I cant get any painting time in today.  (Darn!)

"Eastern Bluebird" in progress


"Mountain Bluebird" in progress
I think they will make a fine pair!

Check back in soon to see the finished paintings.

4 comments:

Brian Sylvester said...

Barbara,

I am happy to have found your spot on the web here. Your work is vibrant, and I always love the stories behind the work. Excellent!

Take care,
Brian

Barbara Rudolph Fine Art said...

Thank you Brian, I enjoyed looking at your work as well and I think it is very impressive. I hope your show was a success.

Gary Keimig said...

what wonderful little creations, Barbara. You are doing a wonderful job on them. I like the size you are playing around with.
God bless,

Kim Blair said...

Lovely little birds. Lovely work Barbara.
Kim