Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"The Bee" from the La Posada Hotel Garden on Route 66

"The Bee"

Since I have been working on my more "detailed" paintings this summer, I have slowed down on my blog postings.  I am working on several oil paintings at a time creating enough new ones for the opening of the next "Celebration of Fine Art" show next January.  I have also been spending much more time than ususal on my photography for my latest body of work.  The picture above I took while visiting one of Arizona's grandest estates in Winslow, Arizona.  "The La Posada Hotel"  on route 66, also called "the last great railroad hotel," which offers a unique experience for Southwest travelers. 

This hotel was built in 1929 for the Santa Fe Railway.  It has been restored and has such charm.  It is in the Spanish hacienda style and also has a wonderful restaurant called "The Turquoise Room."   "The Turquois Room" has some of the best southwest cuisine by Chef John Sharpe.  Their garden  must be beautiful in the springtime, but there were still a lot of blooms left on the rose bushes and plants while I was there.  I captured this shot of a busy bee in the garden.  The painting inspiration was wonderful as well as the food and just exploring the hotel where so many famous people have stayed.    It was fun to see some of the rooms where people like Albert Einstein, Clark Gable, Will Rogers, John Wayne, President Franklin Roosevelt, Gene Autry and so many more have stayed.  The next time you are traveling through Winslow, Arizona on "route 66"  be sure and stop by the "La Posada Hotel."

1 comment:

k. Madison Moore Contemporary Fine Artist said...

This looks so real Barb that I had to look twice! Bravo, Madison