Friday, April 23, 2010

Bird Series - "To Kill A Mockingbird"


"To Kill A Mockingbird"

This "oil painting" was a lot of fun to do and also was a lot of work.  I have a lot of the classics on my living room book shelf and thought it would be fun to paint a group of them.  It was painted in oil for a recent show I was in and it took a few months to complete.  I was delighted that it sold on opening day.  Author Stephenie Meyer, of the Twilite books purchased the original.  There are 22 classic books on a shelf and the "mockingbird" has just discovered the book, "To Kill A Mockingbird."  He is not happy about this and is contemplating his next move.  I am offering this in a limited edition giclee on canvas.  (18"x 24")  I can sell it framed or unframed.  The edition will only be to 30, and only in this size.  It seems to be a favorite for book lovers and bird watchers.  

click on the image above to see it larger 

Barbara Rudolph

No comments: