Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Celebration of Fine Art ends...Saying good-bye


Wow!  The "Celebration of Fine Art" 2010 show has ended.  The ten week show always goes by so fast for me.  Everyone packed up their paintings, sculptures, jewelry and glass to head home.  It is always hard to say good-bye to everyone.   The good news is we will all hopefully see eachother again in 9 months with many new creations.  Some of my artist friends above are painters "Bradford Brenner",  Melissa Behr, Fiona Purdy, Penny Benjamin Peterson, Mac Stevenson, glass artist Kevin Powers, and sculptor Tom Belloni & his wife Marlene...who makes the best cookies in the entire world, and Kyle Ashley's huge junk metal dinosaur sculpture.    They all came out from Utah, California, Massachusetts and a few of us from Arizona.   It was an absolute blast.  I think I painted more paintings during this year's show than I have in the past 4 shows.  I am really having fun with my bird series of paintings.  I have so many ideas for next year's show that I better get started on now.  Hope you can make it.

2 comments:

Lori Landis said...

Barbara, So glad that you had a terrific "Celebration"! I've decided to move forward myself and enter "Celebration" for next year if they jury me in.

Ken Newman Sculpting on the Road said...

Barbara, look forward to seeing you again next year at the Celebration of Fine Art... We will be in touch.

Ken and Debbie