Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bird Series - "Hummin Along"


"Hummin Along"

This new oil painting is on gallery wrapped canvas.  (24"x6"x2")  The border of my painting was created with various layers of texture to create the embossed design.  I then carefully apply my gold leaf over a bright red background.  The leaf is very fragile and will show cracks and breaks naturally, so I like to have that little tiny bit  of red showing through.  I then apply several layers of paint over the gold leaf to create an old world look.  Once the border was complete, I painted my hummingbird in flight in oil.   I call it "Hummin Along."


It is now available at "The Signature Gallery Santa Fe"



For more information you can contact me at:  br1fineart@cox.net



http://barbararudolphfineart.com/

No comments: