Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bird Series "The Bird of the Month Club"

"The Bird of the Month Club"

This is a brand new oil painting I titled:  "The Bird of the Month Club."  The canvas size is 16"x 12" and it features a  Prothonotary Warbler standing proudly upon a stack of Audubon & Peterson's guide books that belonged to my father.  His hobby was bird carving and he just recently passed away.   This painting is one I know he would have really gotten a kick out of.  It is still wet, but I gently placed it in this frame until it drys.  I will take a better photograph of it once it is varnished.  It is for sale now at the "Celebration of Fine Art" show in Scottsdale, Arizona until March 28th.

For more information you can contact me at:  br1fineart@cox.net

1 comment:

Gary Keimig said...

Very very nice Barbara.
Guess you are winding down there in Scottsdale huh? Tell Tom Hey for me and of course Tinker too.