Sunday, January 3, 2010

VIOLIN TRAVEL JOURNAL - for "The Art of Music"




PAINTED VIOLIN - A donation for "The Art of Music"  (Tucson Symphony) 

A while back I was asked to paint a violin that was to be auctioned off to raise money for the Tucson Symphony.  I decided to create one of my "Travel Journal" paintings on the violin to give it that "old world" look.  A friend of my father's is an accomplished violinist and he also makes amazing violins.  He restrung the instrument for me after the painting was complete.  It was then delivered to the gallery that was hosting the painted instruments until they were auctioned off at the fund raising event.   I never found out who actually ended up getting the violin, but I hope it has become a nice conversation piece for them.  It actually had a pretty nice sound to it as well, thanks to Jack, (the man that really made it work.)

It was really a fun project, and I was happy to do this since I love the "symphony."

Contact:  br1fineart@cox.net

2 comments:

manuel nieto said...

fantastico, quedo muy bello, saludos

Susie Clevenger said...

So Beautiful