Saturday, January 16, 2010

BIRD SERIES - "To Kill A Mockingbird"



 "To Kill A Mockingbird"

Did you know that it is considered a sin to kill a mockingbird?  They don't do anything but sing their hearts out for us.   This oil painting I just finished has a series of 22 books on a shelf.  Many of the "classics" are included here as well as some from my own collection.  The book "To Kill A Mockingbird" appears to have caught the attention of the mockingbird standing above it....he must be thinking "what the heck....I don't like this at all!

This was a fun painting to do, but very tedious.  I just got it framed and hung up for our grand opening at the "Celebration of Fine Art" show which opens today.  The show runs daily for the next ten weeks in Scottsdale Arizona.  You can see the show website at:  http://celebrateart.com/

If you would like more information about "To Kill A Mockingbird" and cannot make it to the show, please contact me at:  br1fineart@cox.net.

3 comments:

Caio Fernandes said...

oh my God !!! one of the bests ever !!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

What a clever well executed painting. They do sing pretty but are not so good with the hours they choose to practice.

Barbara Rudolph Fine Art said...

Thank you Caio,
This is the one I told you about that has taken "forever" to paint. I just finished it barely in time to hang for the opening today. I dedicated it to my father (who just passed away two days ago.) It sold first thing this morning...I believe that he was there in spirit.