Friday, January 8, 2010

BIRD SERIES - "THE BIRDS & THE BEE'S"



THE BIRDS & THE BEE'S

This is a "detail" of a painting in progress from my "bird series".  There are just a few finishing touches before I post the entire painting, which is 48"x 48".  It is painted in oil on gallery wrapped canvas.  "The Birds & The Bee's will be on display at the Celebration of Fine Art show which opens on January 16th.  (There is a collectors night event, which actually opens on January 15th.)  It is the 20th anniversary of this wonderful show and there is so much to do before it opens.  It brings 100 artists from all over the country together under one roof to set up their own studios to work in over the next ten weeks.  Each year we come together at this time to begin the overwhelming task of the construction of our individual studios.  Some of the studios themseleves are literally works of art.  The construction begins on Monday morning early...then we work like mad all week to the piercing sound of drills, saws and hammers....just in time for the "Opening Event at the end of the week."   It is just amazing to see the empty shell of 40,000 square feet transformed into a premiere art event which truly is a "Celebration of Fine Art."

For more information you can contact me at:  br1fineart@cox.net

Visit the Celebration of Fine Arts website:   http://celebrateart.com/

3 comments:

jacob said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Claudia

http://paintingdrawing.net

Barbara Rudolph Fine Art said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I am so glad you did and thank you for your comment.

Crescendo said...

Very nice creation and Happy new year !