Tuesday, December 29, 2009

BIRD SERIES - Quail "Dan"



"DAN"

We have so many quail out here in the Southwest.  They are so fun to watch.  The little babies will follow their mother anywhere.  They just scoot on out across the road in front of you in such a hurry.  I remember one quail family followed their mother right on into my sister's house when the door was left open.  Once they realized that was not where they wanted to be, they scattered all over the living room absolutely terrrified!  I guess it took hours for them to find the courage to run back out the front door, but eventually they did. 

This little oil painting I just finished is actually a California quail.  He is part of my "bird series" and I named him "Dan."  It is painted on a 6"x 6" wood panel, and will be framed and for sale at the Celebration of Fine Art show on January 16th.  ( http://celebrateart.com/ )

You can contact me for more information at:  br1fineart@cox.net

4 comments:

Diane said...

I love this painting. I am so thrilled with your work, I can't wait to see your next one.

Sedat Kurtulus said...

Wonderful !

Gary Keimig said...

very nice blog. Great art work. This piece is great.

Gary Keimig said...

Looking further, Barbara I see you are in the Celebration Art Tent show. I did that about 5 years ago and my gallery pardner does it every year. Tell Tom Lucas and Tammy hello for me.