Thursday, December 31, 2009

BIRD SERIES - "Hummingbirds In Flight"







"Hummingbirds In Flight"  

This is an oil painting of hummingbirds in flight I just finished on two gallery wrapped canvas.  The top piece is 12"x 36" and the bottom canvas is a 36"x 36"  to make the overall size of 48"x 36".   I painted the clouds around the edges so the painting can be hung with a few inches of space between them.  I thought it would be a little more interesting this way and with a more "contemporary" look.  The top gold band and the bottom section of the painting were created with various layers of texture.  I did a random leaf pattern embossed into the texture and allowed it to dry that way.  Once the paint was applied it created a nice "old world" look.  The sky was fun to paint and I was hoping to create some "drama" with the hummingbirds in flight.   

This  painting will be for sale at my upcoming show at the Celebration of Fine Art.  You can contact me if you would like more information about this painting at:  br1fineart@cox.net
Your comments are welcome.

3 comments:

manuel nieto said...

bellisimo me encanta la composicion, un saludo

Caio Fernandes said...

ohhh ... this is so great !!
you got everything on this work !!
happy 2010 Barbara dear !!

Nancy Goldman said...

This is a really nice painting. I like how you put the two different canvas sizes together. It adds such an interesting element to the composition.