Monday, November 2, 2009

TRAVEL JOURNAL SERIES - Angel with Magyar Postage



Travel Journal with Angel and Magyar Postage

This is a mixed media collage painting on canvas.  The size is 16" x 20" and it includes a raised gold leaf pattern for the border that took many layers to create.  I then wash several layers of paint over the gold leafed area to create an "old world" feel.  The interior of the "travel journal" has lots of interesting elements and includes a beautiful Magyar postage stamp.  The edges of the canvas are painted black.

$ 295.

Contact:  br1fineart@cox.net for more information

2 comments:

Caio Fernandes said...

this is so elegant and special !!!
delicated ...
i love when you work with this kind of media too .

Richardson said...

Hi Barbara,
This work of yours is so nice, I like how the light is captured and dances within the raised gold leaf pattern. I love painting and creating with my hands, come have a visit to my blog.
Bye,
Richardson.