Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Old World style painting "Classical Dance"


"Classical Dance"

This painting was painted on 100% cotton rag paper.  (30"x 30").   I started by applying a texture medium over the paper first which helps to create a distressed look once it drys.  It was painted in casein which also works well for this "old world" effect.  Casein is actually a milk based pigment, and is water soluble and permanent.   It drys with a matte-like effect.  I don't paint with casein as often as I did some years back, but it is a wonderful medium to work with when trying to achieve the "old world" look that I love so much.   The original "Classical Dance" sold, but I have prints available in a variety of sizes.  You can contact me for more infornation at:  br1fineart@cox.net

Protected by Copyscape Originality Checker

1 comment:

Caio Fernandes said...

one word...
beautiful .