Sunday, November 29, 2009

FLORAL SERIES - "Lily of the Valley"


Lily of the Valley

This painting is really from my "Old World" series, but also fits into my "Floral series" of paintings.  I did this one years ago, it was a series of three 44"x 30".   I have started to become interested in doing more in this style again.  I love to create interesting backgrounds first and often will add gold leaf elements.  In this painting I created the border in gold.  I always start with the "red" underpainting so that once the gold leaf is applied, it helps to create the "old world" feel.  Many layers of paint are then washed over the surface and wiped off again numerous times to help create the aged look.  It was painted in "casein." 

For more information or commissions you can contact me at:  br1fineart@cox.net

1 comment:

becky joy said...

Nice Barbara, I've put your blog on both of mine.