Friday, October 9, 2009

CONTEMPORARY ICON SERIES - "Resting Angel"


"Resting Angel"



This is a mixed media oil painting that I did as part of
my "Contemporary Icon" series. I think it came out
nice and I was pleased when it sold in such a short time
after completion. It has a lot of texture and gold leaf
elements. (Commissions are welcome)


"We may not always be aware of the presence
of angels. We can't always predict how they
will appear. But angels have been said to be
our neighbors. "
(Billy Graham)


I remember a very nice man coming into my booth at
one of my art shows I was doing, and he said to me,
"Dont you know that angels 'never' rest?" It made me
think about that. He ended up becoming a collector of
mine and purchased another painting I had titled,
"Guardian Angel."

Protected by Copyscape Originality Checker

4 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Love this series; a little mixture of Klimt and Raphael.

Barbara Rudolph Fine Art said...

Yes, those are two artists that I love. Thank you very much for your comment, I am glad you like them.

Caio Fernandes said...

this is so full of grace !!

labrown said...

Barbara this is very nice! The frame is perfect for this piece and love the deep reds. Take care, /Lee